50 Drawings

     My next challenge in advanced drawing was to create 50 small drawings. To do this we were to draw inspiration from a previous piece of artwork we had created. I chose to be inspired by my ballpoint pen piece. I looked at my ballpoint ben creation and wrote down 50 words that came to my mind while looking at it. Some of these words has to do with, feeling, some were descriptive, some were adjectives. I tried not to limit myself with this process and just wrote whatever came to mind. From these 50 words I drew further inspiration to create my 50 drawings. I did not simply want recreate each of my words into a drawing, but instead just drew what came to mind when looking at certain words. I wanted to keep a general theme for my 50 drawings as far as color palette using a variety of blues, blacks and whites. For material, I also drew inspiration from my ballpoint pen piece as far as wanting to use ink, however, I did not want to use the same kind of ink. So I chose to work closely with ink from sharpies, and india ink (black and blue). Playing around with texture, and different techniques was something I really enjoyed with this project. I discovered a new process that I really enjoy doing which is, dipping gathered up paper towel into a watered down ink mixture and putting it on paper to create a pattern, and then taking a fine sharpie and outlining each little texture spot on the paper. I found that this process looked similar to print making, and was very crisp and clean. Creating these 50 drawings, although tough at times, really led me to clarity for what I want to do for my book creation. As of now I'm leaning towards creating a scary children's book. I'm not exactly sure if I want to create a bunch of different characters, and give them all background stories, having each character be a page, or if I want to create a book of fears, and have each fear be a page. I am very excited to see where my book project goes, and what inspiration I can draw from these 50 drawings. Here a a few of my favorites below!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drawing Animation 1

Ballpoint Pen Assignment

Drawing 440: 100 Drawings